Your smart grid and renewables innovation partner.
The debate over what constitutes a fully modern grid is emerging. Utility and technology experts are beginning to openly discuss the need for substantial changes to the way we design, build and operate the power generation and delivery system. They recognize that a modern grid will be broadly judged by its reliability, security, quality and cost of service to the consumer, and by its impact on the environment. No question, it's a tough road ahead.
What we do...
Our staff is designing tomorrow's utility and energy company solutions:
· San Diego Beach Cities Microgrid
· DOE/NETL Modern Grid Strategy and Smart Grid Implementation Support
· West Virginia Smart Grid Implementation Plan
· EPIC San Diego Smart Grid Study
· Puget Sound Energy Green-Enabling Grid Program
· Three US Vendor Smart Grid Strategies
· Smart Grid Use Case Development with Multiple Utilities
· Utility Advanced Metering and Smart Grid Regulated Rate Cases
· CIC Group, Ltd. IPP Strategy
· and more...
Horizon works with its clients to develop a justifiable, repeatable strategy that is deliverable, then assists the client in solution design and project delivery.
Where we focus...
Thought Leadership – working with clients to co-develop modern energy strategies that deliver a 21st century economy.
Architecture and Design – enabling both utilities and consumers to design solutions that meet today's changing needs as well as the flexibility for the unforeseen.
System Implementation Services – planning and deploying advanced energy systems such as microgrids, renewables integration, and distributed fleets.
Energy leadership in thought, deed, and value.